বৃহস্পতিবার, ৫ এপ্রিল, ২০১২

Seven Cherubs: improving self esteem avoid over-exaggerating ...

You can read Day 1 -?http://www.sevencherubs.com/2012/04/improving-self-esteem-as-mother.html
You can read Day 2 -?http://www.sevencherubs.com/2012/04/improving-self-esteem-as-mother-look.html

One common factor affecting my self esteem and how I feel about myself is tiredness. If I am feeling really, really tired {which happens all the time in the Seven Cherubs house} I find it so much harder to think good thoughts about myself. Kind of like I can't be bothered to tell myself I am awesome!

I actually find it less draining to think bad thoughts of myself, which is really sad, and find it more draining to think good thoughts about myself because it still takes great effort to be positive about myself each day.

I am a work in progress and each day I do feel as if my self esteem is improving. I don't know if thinking about your self esteem makes you feel worse but for me, thinking about it actually helps me to work on it more and helps me to feel better about myself.

By thinking about it, I make sure I plan some time out moments for myself and keep track of how I am generally feeling. By not thinking about it I find I end up in a slump and find myself hitting rock bottom more often.

With this in mind here is?Day 3 for my 'Self Esteem Week':

Avoid over-exaggerating a situation

Often when my self esteem is feeling at a low I find my mind seems to over-exaggerate a situation. I tend to see the situation far worse than it really is. This is normally due to tiredness, stress and exhaustion, all common factors that come with being a mother.

When this happens and I see a situation worse than it really is, I also start to see my behaviour or involvement in it as worse as well. I start to criticise myself for the way I handled it or did not handle it and start to bring myself down.

If you find yourself starting to see life far worse than it really is, ask someone else for an opinion and try to see it from a different angle. If that fails, sleep on it (if you can get it!) and try to look at it with fresh eyes the next day.

Most situations I find myself stressing out about or getting worked up about rarely seem that big the next day. I can often find a solution, see a way to lighten the load or the pressure the situation may be causing or simply not think it is worth worrying about all with a little sleep.

We all generally know when we are too tired to deal with life. We start rubbing our eyes, we find ourselves staring at the floor for no reason, we put our hand on our head when we need to make a decision, we start to mutter to ourselves or even start talking to ourselves out loud. I bet as you are reading this you are thinking about what your signs are. What we need to be better at is reading the signs and of giving ourselves a break.

On my facebook page this week I asked my followers:

How would you rate your self esteem?

LOW, MEDIUM OR HIGH

I was really surprised that so many people answered LOW.

Some even answered non-existent!

I loved that Melissa from Suger Coat it answered:

HIGH! Bordering on up myself actually.?

She then went on to write a blog post about it.

P.S: {This also applies to anyone or any situation in life. Tiredness affects all of us!}

leap day michigan primary results olympia snowe davey jones dead phish boston weather monsanto

0টি মন্তব্য:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন

এতে সদস্যতা মন্তব্যগুলি পোস্ট করুন [Atom]

<< হোম